tab rename

mugshot

Hello gents/ladies

its been long since i ask something, and i am thankful, it helps me a lot ever since.

again, may i ask... is there a lisp that, sample file A... has  tab name "LAME" ... and then when i go to file B, (some sort of like a hyperlink) and i link file A with a tab name "lame"....is that possible? not just the file but directly to the tab? and also if i rename the tab name "lame" from file A, it changes automatically to file B where i link the file A tab name "lame".

thank you and God bless...

Edited by mugshot

Not sure if OBDX will allow you to change a hyperlink. The other way is to write a script that opens the B dwg, changes it, then closes. If dwg is not massive then it will take a few seconds.

Is it possible more than likely just have to work how to do it, if you write down all the steps to do manually then that becomes your script. Just copy paste the text screen between the 2 dwgs then can have a look.

On 9/5/2022 at 12:19 AM, mugshot said:

Hello gents/ladies

its been long since i ask something, and i am thankful, it helps me a lot ever since.

again, may i ask... is there a lisp that, sample file A... has  tab name "LAME" ... and then when i go to file B, (some sort of like a hyperlink) and i link file A with a tab name "lame"....is that possible? not just the file but directly to the tab? and also if i rename the tab name "lame" from file A, it changes automatically to file B where i link the file A tab name "lame".

thank you and God bless...

You can do that and more with Sheet Sets.

SHEETS HAPPEN! Introduction to the Sheet Set Manager https://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/66/257215/1/Sheets_Happen.pdf

• Like 1