FAS compiler

daniAG

Hello.
Can you figure out how this fas file is compiled.
Its structure is different from the Visual Lisp compiler defaults.
It is very strong.
But I don't know how it is compiled with this structure.
I think each function is placed in a fas block.

Edited by CADTutor
The original author of this application has been in touch to ask that we remove the attachment. Please ensure that you have the author's permission before posting attachments in the future.

Reason people compile their code is to protect it. And when you say.

Its structure is different from the Visual Lisp compiler defaults.
It is very strong.

I  can only see nefarious intention. why does it matter how its compiled?

--edit

Never mind I see your post history. Their isn't an un-crackable compiler its more like how long do you want it to take and will it affect performance of the code.

If its made by man it can be unmade by man.

Edited by mhupp

2 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Why are you trying to crack the file ? The general reason is don't want to pay. If it works what is problem ?

Hello.
I did not ask how to crack this file.
I asked why its compilation is different from the default Visual Lisp compilation.
I want to compile my codes with this structure.
Please read my post more carefully.
I have been programming with Visual Lisp for 10 years.
I don't need to crack anyone's file.
The person who compiled this file decompiled one of my vlx files.

2 hours ago, mhupp said:

Reason people compile their code is to protect it. And when you say.

I  can only see nefarious intention. why does it matter how its compiled?

--edit

Never mind I see your post history. Their isn't an un-crackable compiler its more like how long do you want it to take and will it affect performance of the code.

If its made by man it can be unmade by man.

Thank you for your explanation.
But my question is how to compile Autolisp files with this structure in Visual Lisp.
Because its structure is different from the structure that I get fas output from Visual Lisp.

2 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Why are you trying to crack the file ? The general reason is don't want to pay. If it works what is problem ?

To understand how much I have worked with Autolisp, you can see one of my programs.
I don't need to crack anyone's file.
I want to protect my codes.
I have learned everything I know from people like Mr. Lee and you

3 hours ago, daniAG said:

Thank you for your explanation.
But my question is how to compile Autolisp files with this structure in Visual Lisp.
Because its structure is different from the structure that I get fas output from Visual Lisp.

Short answer/only answer I have no idea.  Might need a third party software to compile it outside of AtuoCAD. I know of one but its at the office ill post it Monday.

Edited by mhupp
  • Like 1

The create fas is part of Vlide or you can do it as a command line sequence, so not sure of what your question is.

(defun comp ( )
(if (null vlisp-compile) (c:vlide T)) 
(setq fname (getfiled "Pick lisp to be compiled" "D:\\alan\\xxx\\" "lsp" 8))
(setq len (strlen fname))
(setq diff (- len (+ 15 3)))
(setq fnameout (substr fname 15 diff))
(vlisp-compile 'st  fname  (strcat "d:\\alan\\compiled\\" fnameout ".fas"))
)
(comp)

35 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

The create fas is part of Vlide or you can do it as a command line sequence, so not sure of what your question is.

(defun comp ( )
(if (null vlisp-compile) (c:vlide T)) 
(setq fname (getfiled "Pick lisp to be compiled" "D:\\alan\\xxx\\" "lsp" 8))
(setq len (strlen fname))
(setq diff (- len (+ 15 3)))
(setq fnameout (substr fname 15 diff))
(vlisp-compile 'st  fname  (strcat "d:\\alan\\compiled\\" fnameout ".fas"))
)
(comp)

We can compile an autolisp file by using the vlisp-compile method in Visual Lisp with 3 different modes.
st , lsm and lsa
But by checking the NewCompile.fas file that I sent, you will notice that its structure is different.
That is, it is not the output of Visual Lisp.

On 18/09/2022 at 08:44, mhupp said:

Short answer/only answer I have no idea.  Might need a third party software to compile it outside of AtuoCAD. I know of one but its at the office ill post it Monday.

Hello.
Excuse me for asking this.
Did you ask your colleague about the structure of the fas file I sent? 🙂

You could send some a plain lisp file with a contractual arrangement to not give the software to any one else. If they did you could sue for breag of copyright, but how deep are your lawyer pockets. Havin been involved in selling Civil design software at a high commercial level 1000,s of copies, yes a hacked/cracked copy was found but the company still turned over $$$ in income each year. The cracked copy was never really seen. 

What are we talking about here $1000 or $100 or $10 a copy for your software ? Would you like to sell 2 at $1000 or 500 at $10 ? Its about repeat business,  I dont to worry about it getting stolen as that may mean a new customer wants something different and will pay also.

Edited by BIGAL

23 hours ago, BIGAL said:

You could send some a plain lisp file with a contractual arrangement to not give the software to any one else. If they did you could sue for breag of copyright, but how deep are your lawyer pockets. Havin been involved in selling Civil design software at a high commercial level 1000,s of copies, yes a hacked/cracked copy was found but the company still turned over $$$ in income each year. The cracked copy was never really seen. 

What are we talking about here $1000 or $100 or $10 a copy for your software ? Would you like to sell 2 at $1000 or 500 at $10 ? Its about repeat business,  I dont to worry about it getting stolen as that may mean a new customer wants something different and will pay also.

I just want to know how this fas file was created.

https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/76031-fas-compiler/?do=findComment&comment=600694

I'm telling you it's not created in Visual Lisp.
You can see its different structure with Notepad++.

Please do not deviate from the main topic of my question.

Post edited.

Edited by daniAG

"Please do not deviate from the main topic of my question."

If you use remarks like this help will stop from me. Even for other questions like todays other post.

Edited by BIGAL

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

"Please do not deviate from the main topic of my question."

If you use remarks like this help will stop from me. Even for other questions like todays other post.

I'm sorry that this statement upset you.
Keep in mind that I have never been on the forums before and this is my first time asking a question.
And I used to just read other people's posts.
I apologize again.