TableStyle - Replace Existing Table Style with Table Style from another drawing?

ILoveMadoka

Ex:

In drawing 1, I have a Tablestyle called Style1 where the lines are all green and the font is simplex

In drawing 2, I have a Tablestyle called Style1 where the lines are all bylayer and the font is romans.

I want to replace the tablestyle settings in drawing 1 Style 1 with the tablestyle settings from drawing 2.

Is there a way to redefine it based upon the settings in another drawing?

Tables/Tablestyles seem to be like blocks where the current drawing has precedence and a table

brought in from another drawing takes on the properties of the existing drawing...

With a block you can insert block1=block2 and have it redefine the block

Please advise

It seems like the best way to do this is to rename the style in drawing 2, use the Design Center to transfer it, and modify the table in drawing 1 to have the new style.

According to this help thread, you may need to reload the drawing to see any tables you copy and paste, if you go that route.

I hope that is not the only way... 😕

I have quite a few "legacy" drawings with multiple tablestyles that need to be corrected.

It would be a pain to have to do it that way (but it is an option)

Design Center ignores duplicate names....bummer!

Any other ideas out there?