How can I scale the contour polylines without changing the elevation data?

ice3cold

Hi guys, I am using AutoCAD LT 2022 and don't have civil 3D. My issue is that when I try to scale the contours it changes the elevation. I got the elevation from GIS. I tried creating a block and then exploding it, that didn't work. I tried xref it in & bind, that didn't work. How can I scale the contour polylines without changing the elevation data? See screen grab of contour properties. I looked at other forums and got lost. 

Screenshot 2022-09-29 121403.jpg

Perhaps you could explain why you are trying to scale contours. Perhaps you are tampering with the integrity of the original data.

I cannot imagine a need to scale contours, and if it were to be done, I would expect the Z coordinate to be scaled the same as the X and Y coordinates.

Make a block of the contours at 0,0.  Then insert at 0,0 with differing XY and Z scale factors, then explode.  Note that the explode will also explode your polylines and you will need to rejoin them.   This is unfortunate because arcs in polylines would create elliptical arcs on a case of scaling of different X,Y values (justified), but it still explodes on varying Z (unjustified).

Because a contour has a constant Z value, one would only have to scale in the X, Y about the endpoint of the polyline.

But I can't think of anything where the ground shape would match a scaled contour - think about it!