Block not functioning

JDPANTANO

Afternoon! The issue I'm having is when I import a block from a different file, the attributes stop functioning. I can manually adjust them, but I cannot adjust them by entering a value in the properties. I haven't had this issue before, even with inserting this block in other files. If i try to enter a value, it just goes back to default without adjusting anything. I have bordered the problem block with red. Thank you!

cad attributes issue.png

What have you tried to fix this yourself? saves us suggesting the same things you have done.

My first thought is to try an attsync

However looking at the 2 properties boxes, they both refer to the same block name, but 'custom' is different, on the left is also Top of Fon and Top of Foun... and doesn't have TOR, which I might guess that the new drawing already contains this block, inserting it will revert to the one currently saved in the drawing and not the new one - so you'll need to redefine it in the drawing

On 10/8/2022 at 12:12 PM, Steven P said:

What have you tried to fix this yourself? saves us suggesting the same things you have done.

My first thought is to try an attsync

However looking at the 2 properties boxes, they both refer to the same block name, but 'custom' is different, on the left is also Top of Fon and Top of Foun... and doesn't have TOR, which I might guess that the new drawing already contains this block, inserting it will revert to the one currently saved in the drawing and not the new one - so you'll need to redefine it in the drawing

Apologies, the TOR and TOF measurements are the ame thing. Projects call the reference by different titles. I don't know why one has 2 for it, though. I'll try removing that and see if it helps. I'm not sure why it wouldn't have imported over, though. The only change I've made is renaming the attribute.

14 minutes ago, JDPANTANO said:

Apologies, the TOR and TOF measurements are the ame thing. Projects call the reference by different titles. I don't know why one has 2 for it, though. I'll try removing that and see if it helps. I'm not sure why it wouldn't have imported over, though. The only change I've made is renaming the attribute.

however if they are named differently then I think they are seen as different tags? Rename them to be the same and see what happens

I did. I adjusted that, solved the double attribute then reinserted them into my drawing. Renaming them doesn't typically affect how it functions, as it becomes a new block in this drawing. But I'm keeping theold name until its working right, then I'll worry about that. The issue I'm having now is I can adjust them, but only in whatever units the block is in right now. I can't do ft-in, which is what I need. I tried to google it, no luck. I'm probably not searching he correct term. All my dimensions are in ft-in, just this block. 

issue2.png