Circle looks like elipse in my new widescreen LCD monitor

Lance

I have widescreen, and when I got it it had the same problem. I did not change any of the OSD settings but I changed the resolution in the windows display properties and after that things look normal, so I'd recommend to keep playing with that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzframpton

• f700es

• TimZilla

• Lance

I have widescreen, and when I got it it had the same problem. I did not change any of the OSD settings but I changed the resolution in the windows display properties and after that things look normal, so I'd recommend to keep playing with that.

yeah, well my 19 inch widescreen at the house works fine. I just got this 22 inch one at work and I have tried everything possible in the settings and my circles still look oval.

It is driving me insane :?

Does your video card support the widescreen ratio? We had to replace our video cards when we got our first ws monitors because they didn't.

We upgraded to 22 & 24 inch monitors, we had to upgrade the graphic cards which ironed out a few problems including resolution etc.

cj

make sure your graphics card is set to the correct resolution for your monitor, I would say its not set correctly for sure and is squashing the picture

We upgraded to 22 & 24 inch monitors, we had to upgrade the graphic cards which ironed out a few problems including resolution etc.

cj

Well it's a brand new computer, a Dell Precision T3400 with a NVIDIA FX 1700 Graphic card. I think these cards are built for AutoCAD. There has to be something wrong, maybe a driver, but I have no clue about these things so If anybody knows something about it please help.

I have a Dell 22" WFP Monitor. I am also running two monitors, Monitor number 2 is fine. It just the new 22" one that makes circles look oval.

:(

I am sure that buried away inside Autocad you can adjust the horizontal vertical ratio ie circles are no longer ovals I can not remember where it was. Try the help under video settings etc

I am sure that buried away inside Autocad you can adjust the horizontal vertical ratio ie circles are no longer ovals I can not remember where it was. Try the help under video settings etc

Is there anybody here who knows more about what BIGAL has mentioned, I can never find crap in Help.

I'm about to throw this POS 22" widescreen on the ground and bash it with the first heavy object I find. I have been at work drawing blueprints and everything looks smushed!!!!

our stupid IT chick cant figure it out either. I have asked this question on 5 different forums now. Everybody says, "just adjust the resolution" like im an idiot and haven't tried that.

sorry if im being a jerk but this is stressing my out.

I don't know of any display settings like that within Autocad? :unsure:

Have you checked that you have the latest drivers for your card? Just because your computer is new, doesn't necessarily mean everything is up to date. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Have you tried playing with the settings in your Nvidia Control Panel? Most people go straight for the Windows display settings to adjust their resolution, but there's a lot of fine tuning you can do within the Nvidia panel. There should be an icon on the right side of your task bar at the bottom of your screen.

But I'm sure your IT chick already tried both of these suggestions, right? :P

I don't know of any display settings like that within Autocad? :unsure:

Have you checked that you have the latest drivers for your card? Just because your computer is new, doesn't necessarily mean everything is up to date. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Have you tried playing with the settings in your Nvidia Control Panel? Most people go straight for the Windows display settings to adjust their resolution, but there's a lot of fine tuning you can do within the Nvidia panel. There should be an icon on the right side of your task bar at the bottom of your screen.

But I'm sure your IT chick already tried both of these suggestions, right? :P

Yes, I have been all through the NVIDIA settings as well.

I am pretty computer smart btw. I usually google something and find a fix in minutes for everything. At first figured this problem would be an easy fix, but not enough people have had it yet so there are not too many forums out there about it.

:(

I just tried googling your problem and the first thing that came up was a CADTutor thread, so see if there's anything useful in the first four pages I've just merged your thread with (unless you've already read those)

can this be pinned down to autocad or are other progs out of shape too?

is paint doing the same thing?

are you photo's or other images squished?

Yes, even paintbrush is smashed, the web, everything. I downloaded all the recent drivers for the monitor and for the graphics card.

I guess I will finally break down and do something I really do not want to do.

Call DELL Techs and speak to somebody in India that I can hardly understand.

well that's your problem right there - you have an Integrated Intel Graphics Controller, which means one thing: your graphics card SUCKS!! haha no offense to you, just to the crappy video controller.

make sure you have an extra slot open, then hop on www.newegg.com or something, and get a cheap $50 ATI or nVidia based graphics card. or go to your local retailer. but, you MUST find out what your native monitor resolution is, so you can write it down and match it up with your new product. 8)

I looked at your computer settings and noticed that you too have the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700. Are you using a widescreen with that?

I have that same card with a 2208WFB 22" widescreen and all of my circles look oval. I have tryed just about everything If you read some of my past posts you will see.

I fixed the problem! my widescreen is now beautiful!

The NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 has a few different options when it comes to a driver. The driver most people use is the one that specifically says it specialty is for AutoCAD, well, it is not worth a crap with a wide screen. What I did was install one of the other drivers, the first one on the list, the normal one. Now it works great and everything is crystal clear, my circles are perfect as well, so I am a happy camper.