make 3d toothbrush head

davenutron

Just now, davenutron said:

cad64, can you send me the dwg file for  your toothbrush. As I am at the end of my tether at how damned hard all this work is.

This isn't rocket science. It's simply drawing lines and arcs.

Can you draw a line?

Can you make a copy of that line?

Can you draw an arc between the two lines?

Can you mirror that arc to the other side?

That's all you have to do in order to create the basic shape of the toothbrush head. This is the easiest part of any project. Just drawing lines and arcs. Dead simple.

Sending you the CAD file will not help you learn. Just follow the steps, as I have outlined them, and you should have no trouble. Or, if you're having that much trouble, seek out some beginner Autocad tutorials on Youtube so you can understand how to draw in the program.

I am having THE MOST HELLISH TIME OF MY WHOLE lIFE  becuse no one is prepared to walk me though every detail, I have suffered alot trying to work this I really have, send me the file if you have it?

Edited by davenutron

13 minutes ago, davenutron said:

I am having THE MOST HELLISH TIME OF MY WHOLE lIFE  becuse no one is prepared to walk me though every detail, I have suffered alot trying to work this I really have, send me the file if you have it?

If you want to learn how to use Autocad, you should sign up for a class, or like I said, start watching videos on Youtube to learn the basics. We're here to help you work through problems, not teach you how to use the program or provide completed projects. I have already provided all the information you need to get started working on this, and I have laid out the basic overall workflow to complete the entire model, but it seems that you're unable to follow my instructions. I don't know what else I can do except step aside and let someone else take over. Good luck.

I suggest you literally go back to the drawing board (your CAD program) and use the method that Cad64 outlined.  Create the 2D profile of the base/handle and revolve it.  Create the 2D outline of the toothbrush head and either use Pushpull or Extrude to give it height.  Use an extruded circle to create the groups of bristles.  When you have completed all that (which really shouldn't take that long) return here and someone will tell you how to go about creating the contour of the bristles.  Attach a copy of your drawing to your post when you have reached the aforementioned point of progress as outlined here.  Got it?  Good.  Now do.

Can anyone tell me what keywords I would need to search on the internet to get this project done, hopefully you might have your own website remark or others, this is becuase I have been having quite an ordeal with trying to get this done myself and there have been tears. So please treat my well and give me website info or search criteria because I have trouble even knowing how to search this.

I would suggest the mycadsite.com as one place where you can view multiple tutorials about 3D modeling using AutoCAD.  Specifically, the section entitled "Introduction to 3D Crafting."  Pay specific attention to Lessons 3-3 (Working in 3 Dimensions), 3-7A (More About Extruding & Lofting) and 3-8 (Revolved Objects - Revsurf and Revolve).  Actually, it wouldn't hurt to read through all the lessons from 3-1 through 3-8.  

Now I have a have some questions.  Are you taking an AutoCAD class?  If so, why hasn't your instructor covered 3D modeling?  If this is not the case, then who is this project being created for and why?

Here is a link to mycadsite (Note: it is not my personal website).

https://www.mycadsite.com/tutorials/level_3/introduction-to-3d-autocad-3-1.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davenutron said:

I emailed your website remark I am looking forward to getting a reply, I assume you can do this job as well as tutorials.

It is not my website.  myCADsite has been owned and operated by Art Whitton, of Chester, Nebraska, since 1999.   I doubt you'll get a reply from him if that is who you emailed.  I'd suggest you get to work as time is a wasting.  By the way, you neglected to answer my questions.  Why is that?  And finally, where are you located specifically?

Edited by ReMark

On 22/11/2022 at 21:12, davenutron said:

@davenutron It may be time to come clean with us and tell us exactly what's going on here. My guess is that you are a student  coming up to a deadline for an assignment and that you haven't done any prior learning. As an educator myself, I would consider it highly unusual if your tutors have set you this task without supporting your learning. As others have mentioned, you are trying to do something that requires a good understanding of AutoCAD basics without having those basic skills. If this is an assignment, the purpose of it is to test that learning has taken place. If Cad64 were to send you the completed file, that wouldn't help you because you wouldn't have learned anything.

• Like 2

The following is offered in the spirit of the season.  While not fully a step-by-step guide it does provide the commands used to create the handle, head and transition piece (between the handle and head).  Since I did not have an actual electric toothbrush head to take measurements off of, I used by imagination.  It is what it is.  You must be familiar with changing the orientation of the UCS at any given step in the process.  You must also be familiar with Osnaps (ex. - ENDpoint, MIDpoint, Quadrant, etc.) as they aid in drawing accuracy.  Note: this is just one way of accomplishing the task.  AutoCAD gives us many options. 

2D Handle: Polyline, Orthomode and Osnaps enabled.

2D Head: Line, Arc, Circle, Fillet and Pedit.

3D Handle: Revolve.

3D Head (includes base & bristles): Extrude (PushPull would suffice as well).

3D Bristles (curvature): Line, Circle, PushPull, Subtract

3D Transition (between handle & head): Circle, Rectangle and Loft.

Color of bristles handled by Layer although you could elect to draw everything on layer 0 then override the color of the bristles.  Your choice.

Visual style: Conceptual. 

And this, as they say, was the result...

3Dtoothbrush.PNG

Edited by ReMark