how to make boxes to your own measurements in autocad

davenutron

10 minutes ago, davenutron said:

anyone know where I can get a tutorial via voice?

I just gave you a video that explains, step by step, exactly how to make a box to whatever dimensions you require. It's video and audio. I don't know what more you want?

I can do it if one of you guys help me via voice , I can just tell you whats going on, anyone know of a website that might offer tutorial via voice? I am not a total idiot just becuase I am struggling I am very good at working with people so I am sure we could complete my project

I've looked at several Blender tutorials, this morning, and every single one of them were accompanied by vocal instructions.  I don't see what your problem is although I do have a couple of guesses which I won't bother to elaborate upon.  Just to be clear, calling you names is not one of them.  

Edited by ReMark

The tutorial I provided explains exactly what you need to do. Have you watched it?

Even if I got on a voice chat with you, I wouldn't tell you anything different than what's explained in the tutorial.

I don't know of any websites that offer personal one on one training. You would have to hire someone to tutor you.

My best advice is to watch the video, follow the instructions and then start a new thread in the Design Software section with any questions you might have. No one is calling you an idiot, but you are struggling way too much on things that are extremely simple and basic, so I'm not sure why you're having so much trouble.

Disclaimer: As of a couple of hours ago I had never used, or tried to use, Blender.  I went online and downloaded a copy and installed it.  Over the next two hours I viewed, and replayed, at least a dozen different videos all in the hopes of creating a 3D cube which you continue to call a box.  I found a simple solution in a YouTube video, with narration mind you, that allowed me to create a box with the following dimensions (in millimeters).  X = 750, Y = 500, and Z = 350.  The video was entitled, "Interface Overview - Blender 2.8 Fundamentals" produced by Dillon Gu.  Here is the result.  If you look at the lower right-hand corner of the image you will see that the dimensions are confirmed.  BTW... attempting to edit a .stl file without prior knowledge of a program like Blender would be foolhardy at best. 

BlenderBox_1.PNG

Edited by ReMark

It might help if we knew what you wanted to do with this box once you've drawn it. AutoCAD and Blender both have steep learning curves. Working with geometric solids is not like MSWord, where you can just start typing. You have to invest some time in learning the interface, the basic concepts, the available commands, typical workflows, and other fundamentals, before you can be productive (as has been pointed out).

If you only want to draw a solid, look into something easier to learn, like SolidWorks or SketchUp, that is specifically for solids. We have topics devoted to both of those.

CyberAngel: In another thread the OP inquired as to where he could find a 3D printable version of a Jeep Cherokee.  Then he asked how he could edit it.  He was told that it could be edited using Blender which he has no prior knowledge of.  He has demonstrated only the vaguest knowledge, if that, of creating/editing 3D objects in AutoCAD yet he now wants us to teach him how to use Blender!  One must first learn how to walk before he/she learns how to sprint.

how to enter the length width and depth of a cube in blender, at the moment the box shows no measurements in the scene properties box I dont know how to get it to come up there?

20 minutes ago, davenutron said:

how to enter the length width and depth of a cube in blender, at the moment the box shows no measurements in the scene properties box I dont know how to get it to come up there?

Did you select the cube? Once you select it, its properties should appear. Then you can adjust the dimensions.

Make sure you have the side menu bar open. If the menu bar is not open, hit the 'N' key and it will appear. Then go to the "Item" tab. That's where you will find the "Dimensions" where you can change the X,Y & Z dimensions of the cube.

Menu.jpg

hi, I did have this menu out before but nows its gone back in im having trouble bringing it back out, I have tried N it just brings up navswheel any idea whhat im doing wrong?

autocad forum navswheel.png

46 minutes ago, davenutron said:

hi, I did have this menu out before but nows its gone back in im having trouble bringing it back out, I have tried N it just brings up navswheel any idea whhat im doing wrong?

Look at the program you're using. I gave you instructions for Blender. Those instructions will not work in Autocad.

I think the OP is dazed and confused.  Give us a hint dave as to what program you actually want to create the box in.  Then tell us if the box is 5-sided (open, like a shoebox with no top), or 6-sided (closed, like a cube).

In Blender, "N" toggles the side menu bar as Cad64 told you.  Please try to pay attention.

Edited by ReMark