Kitchen renovation project using SU

ReMark

My one and only attempt at using SketchUp (free version) to visualize a kitchen renovation.  SU was frustrating to use, to say the least.  I could have done this using AutoCAD in a quarter of the time.  But hey, all I have these days is time so there's no use in complaining right?  At least I got to exercise my brain.  LOL!  You'll note however I did not finish the backsplash.  Oh well.

Wynbrook Kitchen v7.PNG

I might have gone that route BIGAL but the backsplash was the only existing element of the redesign that was retained.  It all started with the fact I don't like double sinks.  So, I bought a nice rectangular stainless-steel sink, replaced the faucet, replaced our original black granite countertop with something lighter, went with white cabinets rather than the mahogany-colored cabinets the builder had installed, added plantation shutters, new shades on all the light fixtures and replaced all the kitchen appliances.  My wife thought I went a bit overboard, but she loved the end result.  This is what it looked like just prior to delivery of our new stainless-steel refrigerator.

DSC_0672.thumb.JPG.89bba60baa668e5b901f3e0b8d81513f.JPG

Edited by ReMark