How can I fix this loft?

krautfed

:) :) :)

I got it. Looking back, my problem was "each rail on different sketch" and not using setting my project geometry as construction lines (me thinks). Just like you said... I'll see if I can't get to work on my little model plane, and I will post my results.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• krautfed

• JD Mather

I still can't get this to work. :?

I don't know if its my understanding of constraints/project geometry or what. I'm using imported DWGs, and trying to constrain via coincident. Is this even the correct direction?

I've attached my latest file. It has "rail1" as the overall, then I even tried to just use half of it... which are "rail_top" and "rail_bottom".

I'm so confused. :oops:

loft_try2.zip

I'm so confused. :oops:

The sooner you stop trying to use AutoCAD geometry in Inventor the sooner things will start to clear up. It's not that you can't use dwg in Inventor, but that things must be done correctly. The Garbage In - Garbage Out principle applies here (GIGO). The AutoCAD data is flawed and not worth the effort it would take to clean up. Just use it as reference in creating native geometry within Inventor.

Create your three profile sketches (should be a circle and two closed splines (with fewer points required)). Put construction lines in each of the three profiles where the rails will connect.

Start the rail sketches and before anything else Project Geometry the construction lines from above. This will give you endpoint snaps for the rail sketches.