ACAD doesn't accept to change the color

khoshravan

Color of an Object, in a layer is not ‘ByLayer’. I try to change to ‘by layer’ through object properties but it doesn’t accept and keeps the color. What is the reason and how can I change it into another color?

17 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Is the object a block?

Can you post the .dwg?

I can post the dwg tomorrow but yes it is a block. Could you please answer in case it is block?

In the same line I have the next question. Is it possible to unblock a block? How?

Insert the block, explode the block, use CHPROP to change the color of the object in question, redefine the block and select the objects that made up the original block.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, khoshravan said:

In the same line I have the next question. Is it possible to unblock a block? How?

You can edit the block with the REFEDIT command or The BEDIT command. From there you can make changes to the block, then save and exit the editor to update the changes to the block.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Only way to pick a block and change it color with object properties is setting the properties of block objects to Layer 0 and color to ByBlock instead of ByLayer.

The link above describes it as well as I've seen anywhere.

• Like 1