Drawing a Shoe in 3d

MRAKA

Top tip : don't use metres as your standard unit of measurement...

... use feet instead :shock:

(sorry... couldn't resist that one :roll: )

do you have a picture of the shoe youd like to draw? when i have some time id like to give this a shot. I know it can be done with surfaces but i think a "solid" model would be better.

shift,

There is a SWx modeling contest going on somewhere modeling a ladies high heal shoe. I saw step-by-step instructions for at least part of it. These steps could probably be reproduced in AutoCAD 2007 or later. I think it was on Matt Lombard's site, but now I don't see it and don't have time to search and track it down.

i just did this in SW pretty quick(about 15-20mins). its a surface model but its a lofted surface(thickened). I used a curve for the opening of the shoe, a curve for the base or sole that went up over the toe area. the heel is a loft. i had maybe 10 or so guide curves going between the two loft sections. if i were to continue with the model i would keep modifiying these guide curves to produce the right shape(especially in the toe area.

shoe.jpg

• 2 years later...

The best way to model similar shoes in autocad is starting always from "blueprints" pictures.

So, you can shape different 2d profiles (planar view, top view, left/right view) and through solid and surfacing operations

you'll achieve that.... it's not certainly so simply to obtain this result...

you have to work hard and accurately on it,

but when you know the software and its limits you can do everything you want believe me!