[REQ] AutoLISP code highlighting.

vanowm

Hello.

I'm just curious, why there is no AutoLISP code highlighting available. This seems to be the most used programming language used on this forum...by default HTML is selected (really, on cad forum?) Most available languages useless for CAD. would be nice to see proper highlighting for it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I agree, Unfortunately, the forum software does not provide an option for LISP out of the box and the way syntax highlighting is implemented makes it extremely difficult to add a bespoke coding language to those available. I have been looking for a solution to this for some time but so far I haven't found one. If you have any suggestions or are able to help, please let me know.

Will adding nice colors cause problems again with BBC codes when you copy the code ?

I tried Lee-mac Lisp styler.

Edited by BIGAL

15 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Will adding nice colors cause problems again with BBC codes when you copy the code ?

No. Modern syntax highlighting doesn't use BB Code, it uses dynamic HTML and CSS for styling. The code as stored in the database is not changed. The styling is added dynamically when it is displayed.

Is this forum running as "Invision Community" service (aka you don't have access to the source) or is it a downloadable software?

I signed up for a free trial just to see what this this topic is about, and have no clue what they are talking about...

Edited by vanowm

1 hour ago, vanowm said:

Is this forum running as "Invision Community" service (aka you don't have access to the source) or is it a downloadable software?

We're using a self-hosted version of Invision Community, so it can be modified.

That thread provides a solution to setting the default syntax highlighting as something other than HTML (provided it is already available in the standard install). Unfortunately. LISP/AutoLISP is not one of the standard languages. It would have to be added to the CKEditor application but I have not found a way to do this.