Select multiple tables and get the sum of a certain cell?

elli0t

Hi, I'm looking to be able to select multiple tables in a drawing and return the sum of the values.

Each table has a value (formula displaying a number) in a cell that is in the last column and first row.

I'm completely new to AutoLISP as we've only ever had LT at my work (AutoLISP now supported in LT 2024). 

This seems like it wouldn't be too hard but I'm really not sure on where to start. Can't really find anything on retrieving the cell value from a table.

ChatGPT hasn't been much help either unfortunately.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

11 hours ago, devitg said:

@elli0t please upload your sample dwg

Tables.dwg

Hi, dwg with various tables attached. I want to get the total sum of the number in green (last column) of all selected tables. Thanks!

41 minutes ago, rlx said:

nice one devitg! 👍

@rlx, Thanks for your like

It  got me a huge time to notice that rows and columns has base 0, the same as NTH, ssname, and VLA-item, maybe some others, because there is not quoted at any help . 

yeah, (lisp) help function hasn't improved over the years. In the good old days you would get printed books with each AutoCad license , full of examples to play with. That's why sometimes you have to beg , steal & borrow all over the place to get the info you want. And sometimes is just experimenting and make use of the debug functions in vlisp editor. Not sure you need entity or object?... just try it. If you get an error you know you needed the other one and sometimes you find you can use both.

6 hours ago, devitg said:

@elli0t

Find attached lisp and result dwg 

the new command is 

LAST-CELL

sum table last cell.LSP 2.12 kB · 5 downloads sum Tables last cell.dwg 65.63 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much @devitg, that's great!

Would love to know how you went about solving this, or where to get started to learn how to write LISP code.

Files like this help I did not make it. Look for a word that seems what you want then google it to see if it matches. 

To learn lisp, start here look at what has been done, its a question often asked, books, ebooks are cheap, Afralisp has tutorials, some tutorials like "down the garden path" is done by Autodesk. 

Just google "Your task Autocad lisp". I use Bricscad mostly but still look for "AutoCad lisp"

As mentioned here I have a R12 lisp paper book comes in handy at times as it has examples. Plus 4 ebooks.

list of methods for a table.txt

Edited by BIGAL

9 hours ago, devitg said:

It  got me a huge time to notice that rows and columns has base 0, the same as NTH, ssname, and VLA-item, maybe some others, because there is not quoted at any help . 

They DID explain that clearly but very very few who read to understand but the majority copy and paste and blame the others if their posted codes did not work for them , so here are two snapshots with indications. 

image.png.b360d37759109a197b67bffd396169b2.png

image.png.aefcbde5402ba5da91fe6fcc152d7799.png

@Tharwat  from the last Help I have 

Autodesk AutoCAD 2018: ActiveX Reference Guide > Methods > G Methods > 

GetCellValue Method (ActiveX)

Gets the cell value for the given row and column.

Supported platforms: Windows only

Signature

VBA:

RetVal = object.GetCellValue(row, col)

object

Type: Table

The object this method applies to.

row

Access: Input-only

Type: Long

The row number of the cell to set.

col