Specific Insulation/Batting Hatch

Morrison

How do I create the following hatch... I looked for the hatch in the forums and could only find other hatches but not this particular one...

Thanks in advance.

INSULATION.jpg

I believe you can only do lines in hatch patterns, so the arcs would have to be made from many short lines. If you look in the help file (F1) you will find some pretty good instructions on making your own. A search of this site should also bring up some pretty good tips. A google search should bring up some programs to easily make custom hatches.

Have you tried "Make Shape" in Express Tools?

• 1 year later...
How do I create the following hatch... I looked for the hatch in the forums and could only find other hatches but not this particular one...

Thanks in advance.

I do think I can help you - with Lisp - do you by the matter have a LISP for zigzag batt insulation?

Zigzag.jpg

Add BATTINSUL.PAT to your custom hatch directory.

Great Hugh Adamson - I have done so and it works ok in the hatch - but its not what Im looking for - many thanks anyhow :D -

Jeff Sanders have JUST imagined precisely what I want – and now we are tuning the LISP routine a little. GREAT JOB SANDERS – WHEREVER YOU ARE :mrgreen:

BEST regards from CYBERKID

• 12 years later...

the batting linetype in autocad will work on curved surfaces (arcs, splines, fillets, etc.)

The behavior might differ from the lisp though. 

On tight rounded corners, it disconnects the outside loops (if that makes sense).

super easy though.  Only potential issue is linetype scale so the batting fits in your framing space.  But super simple to tweak in properties until it fits how you want.

-ChrIS

Edited by ammobake

This is the details about batting 

;;  These linetype definitions use LTYPESHP.SHX.
*BATTING,Batting SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
A,.0001,-.1,[BAT,ltypeshp.shx,x=-.1,s=.1],-.2,[BAT,ltypeshp.shx,r=180,x=.1,s=.1],-.1

This is the shp for BAT using dumpshx.exe

*00086,36,BAT
3,100,9,(-50,100),(-50,100),(10,62),(28,56),(44,44),(56,28),
(62,10),(62,-10),(56,-28),(44,-44),(28,-56),(10,-62),(-50,-100),
(-50,-100),(0,0),4,100,0

The answer may be in express tools use the "Make Linetype" option.