Acad.lin error sometimes

jim78b

I have a problem with autocad 2023.
Sometimes autocad if I try to load a line type tells me acad.lin error, I don't understand why, I looked for various solutions on the internet but it's not easy to understand why it happens sometimes.

• 3 months later...

Most of the time I get linetype loading errors in drawings it is because the linetype I am loading uses text in it like a water line ----WAT----

but the text style that the linetype is using is not defined in the drawing.

Open the .lin file and make sure that you have a text style with that name in your drawing.

Also - make sure that the text style is NOT annotative or that it does NOT have a height defined to it. It should have a text height of zero. This way, the size can be controlled by the linetype definition and scale.

Linetype Text Missing Text Style Name.png

Edited by troggarf

I use a custom.lin so do not add any linetypes to acad.lin or acadiso.lin, its a safer way, you can have multiple line type files and load 1 or all linetypes from that file. We used a company dwt and it had the custom.lin preloaded.