Slice Solid Mutiple Times?

qball

I've made some solids by extruding closed polylines as shown in the attached file. It's a path with retaining walls down the side of a hill. I sliced with Planar Object (2d polyline) the solids to create a path with a slope. But I want to show roughly where the underside of the wall will be, so I tried to slice the solid again and it says "Slicing plane does not intersect the selected solid." or it says "pick a side to keep..." and it just doesn't slice the solid at all. Any thoughts? I did note that before I sliced the original extruded polyline that there were multiple grips on it, and when it's a sliced solid there's only one grip.

slice.jpg

The slicing plane was a 2d polyline that I 3drotate 'd about the Yaxis to the desired slope. The help menu said the slice - planar object had to be a 2d polyline, not 3d.

All the solids have a flat bottom elevation of -40 feet, but I want to slice the bottoms off so the bottom slopes up the hill as well.

I was just moving my 2d polyline up and down the z-axis to the desired elevations.

sidenote Shift: nice wheelie. what are you riding?

new block.dwg

after listing your yellow surface I saw it was a Planesurface. So on mine I did CONVTOSOLID to my rotated 2d polyline, then SLice - surface option and it worked. Tried CONVTOSOLID again on a different polyline. Didn't work.

Tried CONVTOSURFACE and that seems to work on polylines.

• 9 months later...
how the top of a solid which is shelled is removed? Guide plz.

You should have started a new thread - that is a different topic. Shell command has been covered here many times in the past - a search might turn up relevant discussions. I know in the past I posted an animation of removing a face with shelling.

This is also covered in the software when you hit the F1 key.

If you still can't figure it out after search and F1 post back with more information on your exact geometry.