Forum Favourites

Lee Mac

Is there a way to mark a forum as a "favourite" so that you can quickly skip back to it, instead of going through the parent forums and back down to the sub forums.

Obviously the first answer would be to mark the forum page as a favourite in the web browser that you are using, but I have found that this not only clogs up your web favourites, but also, if you have a lot of web favourites it takes as much time to find the CAD forums favourites as it does just to go to the parent forums.

Thanks

Lee

Just seen the "Forum Jump" at the bottom of the page.... never noticed it there before - and such a great feature.

Is there any chance it could be moved nearer to the top of the page? Say, maybe just to the left of the:

"Welcome, User. You last visitied blah blah.."

part?

if we're editing pages, I'd like to see the 'posting rules' box disappear altogether

for starters it looks like the bottom of the page, so nobody ever scrolls down far enough to see the 'similar threads' unless specifically told to do so

Guys, I won't be making any more format/template changes to the forum in the near future. The more I do, the more complicated the forum is to maintain but the main reason for this policy is that we are expecting version 4 of vBulletin this year. This will bring a massive change to vB, the way it is maintained and the features it provides. The upgrade will already be a mammoth task, incorporating all the hacks I've already made. Once vB4 is up and running, I'll then consider new features/options.

...it looks like the bottom of the page, so nobody ever scrolls down far enough to see the 'similar threads' unless specifically told to do so...

I find that the bottom of the page seems to be where the ad is placed, just above "quick reply" box.. I never normally use the quick reply box and only recently found it was there for this very reason...