How do I create a Angled Work Plane

Red_Stafford

Hi all I was hoping I could get some help from you guys, see below pic can anyone tell me how to create a XY work plane accross the line I have marked red.

angleworkplane.jpg

when making angled sketch planes you need a plane for reference, then a line to rotate that plane about. You can draw a sketch and create a construction line, you can create a reference axis(same location as creating a plane) or you can use existing geometry like you have there.

Have you gone through this document

Click in the line and then the sketch plane that that hook sketch is drawn on. Enter 90° as the angle (to the sketch plane). This will give you the compound angle.

If you can't figure it out attach what you have so far.

Sorry but I dont understand your eplination

Sorry but I dont understand your eplination

Very simple

Click on the Workplane tool.

Click on the Line

Click on the Workplane that was used when you created the line.

Hit Enter

If you can't figure it out zip and attach your file here.

zip.jpg

alright red here are some screen shots. I tried to make something that looked like your model.

Picture 1 is the model space with my XY plane visible(red outlined with yellow).

Second picture you can see the work plane button depressed, and my sketch line(where you were asking about a plane) is now red and has a large extension. This is because after i selected Work Plane(or hit the ] button) i selected my line(telling Inventor i wasnt to rotate about this axis).

Third picture, That line has now turned blue and you can see my plane now has some red lines around it and there is a ghost image of a plane. Select this xy plane(not sure if its xy in your model but whichever plane goes vertically through your part that you drew your "hook" on)

Fourth pic, After the plane was selected(now highlighted as well as my reference line) it prompts you for an angle. This is the angle you want to take that original plane(xy in my case) and rotate it about the reference line you selected. 90 degrees as JD pointed out, will give you the plane you are looking for. 90 is the default entry.

fifth pic is my new plane now created.

workplane1.jpg

workplane2.jpg

workplane3.jpg

workplane4.JPG

workplane5.JPG

.. I may need help using the loft command to try and fill this hook.

Attach your file here when you run into trouble.

Hook.png

Attach your file here when you run into trouble.

wow thats impressive how long you been using inventor I have only been using it about 3 weeks.

I would suggest you start a new thread after a search for the loft command. It has been covered many times:)

Depending on the version of inventor, each section needs to be its own sketch, and each rail needs to be its own sketch as well. I suspect some of your lines will need to be converted to references.