Photometric Lighting

spittle

I can work out how to create various point photometric lighting ect with the ones that ship with max but how would you create diffferent types e.g strip lighting or flood lighting?

Also anyone know some good websites for specifications that I can plug into Max?

No I mean a site with a load of general specifications to input into Max's photometric lighting so that it represents real world lights.

I can work out how to create various point photometric lighting ect with the ones that ship with max but how would you create diffferent types e.g strip lighting or flood lighting?

Take a look at these tutorials:

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/max/glowingmaterial/

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Create-Neon-Light/34325

No I mean a site with a load of general specifications to input into Max's photometric lighting so that it represents real world lights.

Sorry, don't know of any sites like that. You might want to look for books or DVD's on lighting techniques. Are you rendering with Mental Ray or Vray?

I know how to create lighting that looks nice but I'm after something more accurate. See the attached JPEG screengrab from the Max help files - you can punch these specs into Max's photometric lighting to get a more physically accurate result.

One of the engineers at work was talking about us possibly designing the lighting for a project where I've produced a 3D model.

I've beeen studying lighting at college (not with CAD) and am thinking perhap I could use Max to aid the design of the lighting arrangement for this project.

I'm just trying to do a bit of leg work before proposing this to work and I currently don't know what manufacturers we'd use so want something a bit more general and there arn't many in Max's help file.

lighting.jpg