adding text issue and exporting to excel

casualmasters

hi

Iam a beginner in autocad

i have two questions first is i want to add the co-ordinates to the blue grid starting with which is located at the red point

(1000,500) to be written on the drawing

the second question is i want to export theses co ordinates to excel spread sheet with the elevation of each point which is taken from the contour lines

i know that this forum is the best

would any one help me

lay out.zip

No way do do this in plain AutoCAD. Like your other request for creating TINs, this can be done using a survey software. The usual approach is to first use the contours to create a surface (such as via a TIN). It may be possible to create a lisp routine to interpolate a point elevation from the 2 enclosing contours but it would be quite an exercise and not as accurate as using a software package. Did you check out www.sitetopo.com, you may be able to create TIN's with this from contours. But still a leap to get points written to a grid.