CAD Tutor.......CAD Exams

wannabe

Why don't we put two fingers up to the maligned official accreditation and have some genuinely difficult but effective tests here on CAD tutor to test ourselves.

I'm not asking for accreditation, I'm just thinking, you teach us about CAD - so why not let us infer our CAD knowledge levels through some well thought out, and maybe discipline specific, CAD Tutor CAD Exams.

Am I talking rubbish? :unsure:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• skipsophrenic

• CADMASTER1128

• MaxwellEdison

Its a good idea I suppose - maybe introduce some programming exams too :P

We already have the competitions in the community forums which add some competitiveness to the forums, maybe adding exams to the mix might make the community feel "obliged" to take them... just my thoughts

erm. well, count me out from the start. I'm not saying it's a bad or good idea - but I don't see the point of it from my point view.

if you are on subscription there are on line tests available.

I failed the dynamic block one.

I should have exited the editor each time I added an action to test it rather than have faith in my ability to get it right. :)

if you are on subscription there are on line tests available.

I failed the dynamic block one.

I should have exited the editor each time I added an action to test it rather than have faith in my ability to get it right. :)

:o*GASP*:o How could have been so naive?! :roll:

Thought it may have been developed into a universally applauded way of testing yourself - and another attractable quality of this site.

Probably would be too much of an effort, though.

I'll think my ideas out more next time before I become gung-ho and post them up.

fo·rum (fôrprime.gifschwa.gifm, fomacr.gifrprime.gif-)

n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôrprime.gifschwa.gif, fomacr.gifrprime.gifschwa.gif)

a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

b. A public meeting place for open discussion.

c. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

Notice definition c. makes no mention of whether or not the ideas are viable, that is what the forum is there to decide.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." -Les Brown

fo·rum (fôrprime.gifschwa.gifm, fomacr.gifrprime.gif-)

n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôrprime.gifschwa.gif, fomacr.gifrprime.gifschwa.gif)

a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

b. A public meeting place for open discussion.

c. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

Notice definition c. makes no mention of whether or not the ideas are viable, that is what the forum is there to decide.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." -Les Brown

The Wisdom of Maxwell Edison ~ you should write a book :thumbsup:

The Secret of Using Google and Copy/Paste to Assist in Making Your Point

By MaxwellEdison

Well, I say you could write a book - if that fails, just go into stand-up comedy. :glare:

erm. well, count me out from the start. I'm not saying it's a bad or good idea - but I don't see the point of it from my point view.

I think this routine was tried once before. Biggest problem was tha the "testers" used the latest model version of Autocad. Perhaps a version that is not on the market right now. The employer (or future employer) may use an older version if it fits their needs. And thus you are testing upon a version that is not being considered, as the employer does not want to lay out the $$$$ to upgrade. If the employer is using 2002, then why should he convert the whole office and possibly some million dollar machine tools, just to be Modern and fit in. They usually are out for a profit, not to impress anyone.

Wm.

Thought it may have been developed into a universally applauded way of testing yourself - and another attractable quality of this site.

Probably would be too much of an effort, though.

I'll think my ideas out more next time before I become gung-ho and post them up.

LIke the rest have said, keep the ideas coming - discussions are always welcome :)