• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catman

• Jack_O'neill

• ReMark

• fuccaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow, now this is a serious challenge. I would attack this by starting with a solid block chipping away at it slowly. I would only draw half of it then mirror it.

I do like the mri idea. I hate to ask this but do you have a human skull to work with:)

wow, now this is a serious challenge. I would attack this by starting with a solid block chipping away at it slowly. I would only draw half of it then mirror it.

I do like the mri idea. I hate to ask this but do you have a human skull to work with:)

Um...one...but I'm kinda busy with it at the moment.

I was looking at a photo I found on the internet somewhere, and doing something I unfortunately let my wife catch me doing (no, not that, get your minds out of the gutter). She walked in on me while I was measuring my own head in front of the bathroom mirror. Things like center to center on my eyes and stuff like that. I didn't know how big a human skull is, so, I improvised. I'm probably never going to hear the end of it either.

I watched a demo on AutoCAD 2010 which has a new mesh modeler. I have used similar features in Rhino and trueSpace. Basically you create a basic shape like a sphere, define how fine a mesh you want and then start pulling and pushing in or out creating the shape. It can be turned into a solid and further defined. Also, Boolean modeling can be used once it is a solid. Takes an artistic touch, but is done all the time in other programs and is now available in AutoCAD. Check out Rhino3D and trueSpace (takes some time to learn this one, but it is now free).

Hi

I started by finding a side and a front elevation of a skull then i brought it into my model space as a raster image then i just scaled it up and started to fill in the profile with solids just playing around with subtracting at the moment

The new mesh modeler sound just the ticket

Rgds

I thought AutoCAD is for technical people. Now it begins to turn into an artistic tool.

It's versatile enough to do about anything.

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I am a newbie and I am looking for MRI scans if the Human Skull. I have a small desktop laser cutter and was thinking of creating a Human Skull from the top of the skull to the lowest part in 3mm (1/8") incraments. MRI scans can be in dxf, dwg or jpeg, pdf, Tiff or any photographic format I can Scan these into CAD. Can anyone help me???. I will post a photo of the completed project once finished

Thanks in advance - Arty South Australia

Hi

Just installed 2010 and you can pull the mesh from a sphere into any shape you like

Rgds

2011 version takes this several levels beyond 2010. I wouldn't even bother trying in AutoCAD 2007.

http://tinyurl.com/29d2bgb