.doc refuses to rotate

td88

Making a title block, I brought in a .doc of a disclaimer text I wanted to put in the tblock. It refused to rotate, when placing. Any suggestions? I lost resolution, when I tried to change to a jpeg.

thanks again

Save the doc as RTF and import the file in AutoCAD Mtext -it will preserve the formatting. Once in AutoCAd you can manipulate the Mtext at your heart's desire.

Save the doc as RTF and import the file in AutoCAD Mtext -it will preserve the formatting. Once in AutoCAd you can manipulate the Mtext at your heart's desire.

Good idea

I just open both programs and use cut-n-paste or CTRL C and CTRL V for those of us that still use keyboard commands.

Quick and simple.

fuccaro,

Just tried your method. Saved as .rtf and mtext/file name/open and got nothing in, either, the text box or in the drawing. What am I missing?

Thanks,

td88

Because you use an old AutoCAD (as myself) I will send you to an old post. Here you are:http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75

Right-click in the Mtext editor and choose IMPORT

Because you use an old AutoCAD (as myself) I will send you to an old post. Here you are:http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75

Right-click in the Mtext editor and choose IMPORT

Thank you, fuccaro. I'm doing as you suggest but, getting no result. I've changed the .doc to an .rtf, started mtext, rt. clicked in the text editor and chose Import Text, get a dialog box, choose the .rtf file, click Open and nothing appears.

I, also, thought you might have meant right click after doing above and choose Import but, still no result.

The original .doc is slightly unusual in that it has a linear frame around the text but, the text is still editable. What am I missing?

td88

Maybe it's an LT thing...

Try this

From Word, highlight the text you want; Hit Ctrl+C

In Acad, start Mtext, make your box, at the blinking cursor hit Ctrl+V

Maybe it's an LT thing...

Try this

From Word, highlight the text you want; Hit Ctrl+C

In Acad, start Mtext, make your box, at the blinking cursor hit Ctrl+V

lp,

That works. (I'm woking in full Acad 2006 today)

Thank you.

td88