• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tiger

• GE13579

• skipsophrenic

• Lee Mac

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind adding to it Tiger, if that is what you are asking :)

When I saw it, it just struck me that it's very short - and that there are probably more that can be added to it - or to related questions that are not in the FAQ yet. You are more than welcome to write more on the subject Lee - PM me or anyone in the FAQ team and they'll add it to the database when you're done.

This goes for all btw, if you stumble across a question and hink "hey, I know the answer to that one" - and it isn't already in the FAQ database, feel free to write it up. It will go through mainly me, Strix or GE that does most of the grammar-corrections before it goes live, but we're always grateful for more input :)

1. Bring cake to Strix (since you're a Brit, if you were a Swede, I'd get the cake)

2. Riddle me this: color or colour?

Nah, all kidding aside. THe FAQ project has been sadly on hold for a while. But perhaps it is time for it to get kick-started again. If you are interested in joining in lengthy discussions about grammar (somhow we always argue about grammar, the actual questions get solved fairly quickly) send me or Strix a PM and we'll see what happens.

...the actual questions get solved fairly quickly...

Bar a couple... :wink:

Good to hear talk that the FAQ's running again! :)

2. Riddle me this: color or colour?

Most definitely colour :wink:

Does the FAQ get used much though? - tbh I see a lot of questions posted on here that are answered quite nicely in the FAQ...

Does the FAQ get used much though? - tbh I see a lot of questions posted on here that are answered quite nicely in the FAQ...

We can discuss that at length - in another forum :thumbsup:

I don't really know - it get a spattering of comments now and again so some of it is in use. And if you know that there is an answer to a question in the FAQ, feel free to link to it - that way more people find out that it's there and use it.

I'll take a browse an see if I got anything i can add. :thumbsup:

I'm sure we could add some information on how to run LISPs that come with DCL, or even VLX files for that matter :)

And a mention of SLD files that sometimes come with the DCL wouldn't go amiss :D

"Colour" is the "English" spelling (including Australian and New Zealand spelling (I can't answer for any more commonwealth countries, help from Canadians, etc. please.) ) "Color" is the "American" spelling which, as "English" is listed as the offical language of America, is incorrect.

Just my 2 cents. :huh:

it is 'colour' if it's in the body text, but the command is COLOR :thumbsup:

oh cool - does everybody have time for the FAQ now? :)

Are you back in Blighty GE?

Yep... been back some time now- are you referring to India? I was only out there for 2 weeks, just been struggling to get time on my hands recently... How's things down your way?

it is 'colour' if it's in the body text, but the command is COLOR :thumbsup:

Although AutoCAD still recognises COLOUR. :wink:

"Colour" is the "English" spelling (including Australian and New Zealand spelling (I can't answer for any more commonwealth countries, help from Canadians, etc. please.) ) "Color" is the "American" spelling which, as "English" is listed as the offical language of America, is incorrect.

The offical language of the usa is Amercan-English i beleive, so

technically, both spellings are correct depending on which part of the

world you're from.

That's rich...spelling lessons from people who don't even know which side of the road to drive on!!!! :D

Although AutoCAD still recognises COLOUR. :wink:
what does it say is the command in the helpfiles?

I'll see you in chat for the rest :wink: