2010 catalogs work in 2009?

dumfatnhappy

Anyone tried this yet? Was going to upgrade the catalogs at work (2009) with the ones from home (2010) and was curious if it would work. I know the content is better in 2010 (i.e. mechanical joints, sloped pipe, deflections, etc etc)

I have a feeling you may struggle with this, as the write format for 2010 is different to that of 2009.

Maybe it would be easier to load the 2010 enu file onto an area on your works server/computer, then direct your MEP towards the new area for your 2010 cat's. This way if it doesn't work, you can just go straight back to your 2009 cat's without losing, or risking a thing.

I have a feeling you may struggle with this, as the write format for 2010 is different to that of 2009.

Maybe it would be easier to load the 2010 enu file onto an area on your works server/computer, then direct your MEP towards the new area for your 2010 cat's. This way if it doesn't work, you can just go straight back to your 2009 cat's without losing, or risking a thing.

I don't expect any trouble with the 'content' perse' but doubt I could do anthing concerning the slope or deflection....I think that's more integral to the program.

will get back to you