Forum Posting Limits

Lee Mac

I just wondered whether, since out new server upgrade, there was any chance of increasing the limits to which one can submit a post.

At the moment I believe this stands at 10k characters per post, however, in the customisation forum, this can be quite a limiting factor on a number of occasions - and it is annoying having to save and attach code every time.

I just wondered whether this could be increased, if not for the whole forum page, but at least for the customisation forum?

Also, in the way of attachments, is there an option to include .dcl files as legitimate filetypes? and bring the .lsp file limit up to level with most other filetype limits of 250kb?

Just my thoughts :D

Lee

Why don't you just upload your code as a .txt attachment to your post. You don't have to copy and paste it into the forum. You can also attach the dcl file the same way. Whoever decides to use it will just have to change the extension.

Actually, I just checked, and you can upload .lsp files as an attachment, so you would only have to rename the .dcl file.

I realise that you can upload a .lsp file:

...and it is annoying having to save and attach code every time....

...and bring the .lsp file limit up to level with most other filetype limits of 250kb?...

Why don't you just upload your code as a .txt attachment to your post. You don't have to copy and paste it into the forum. You can also attach the dcl file the same way. Whoever decides to use it will just have to change the extension.

Actually, I just checked, and you can upload .lsp files as an attachment, so you would only have to rename the .dcl file.

I suppose I could upload them as .txt file, but as I say, it just gets annoying having to either save the LISP file just typed in order to upload it, or having to change the extension on a previously save .dcl

Just wanted to make life easier.,

Given Lisp’s economy of expression, a 250KB routine would do a lot of stuff. :)

I suppose I shouldn’t make general assumptions, however. A professional level of “commenting” could easily bring many useful routines close to a 250KB limit. And, given this is a tutorial based site, commenting should be encouraged. I know I need all the encouragement I can get.

Given Lisp’s economy of expression, a 250KB routine would do a lot of stuff. :)

I suppose I shouldn’t make general assumptions, however. A professional level of “commenting” could easily bring many useful routines close to a 250KB limit. And, given this is a tutorial based site, commenting should be encouraged. I know I need all the encouragement I can get.

I suppose bringing it from 20kb to 250kb is not quite necessary, maybe just up to 50kb would be sufficient - I just mentioned 250kb, as most of the other filetypes were at that limit.

OK, I have now added the DCL file type to the attachments options with a size limit of 25KB. I have also increased the LSP size limit to 50KB. Let me know if you think that's right.

Almost forgot: I've increased the maximum post characters from 10k to 15k.

OK, I have now added the DCL file type to the attachments options with a size limit of 25KB. I have also increased the LSP size limit to 50KB. Let me know if you think that's right.

Almost forgot: I've increased the maximum post characters from 10k to 15k.

Many thanks David :D

.lsp at 50kb should be sufficient - I have only had to actually zip a .lsp file a few times when it is about 25kb or so, but this gets annoying when you are posting modifications of the file a few times over. So thanks for this increase :)

Also, with the .dcl files now made available for attachment, people can see what they are getting immediately, without having to open a zip file (which some people are wary of doing)...

This will make life much easier :)

Cheers

Lee

• 9 months later...

I'm not sure how difficult it is to do, but would it be possible to increase the .lsp posting limit to perhaps 100kb?

I find I am constantly overshooting the 50kb limit imposed, and of course, its not crucial, as I can readily zip the .lsp file, but it would just be convenient to not have to do this.

Many thanks,

Lee