raster image transparency

michaeloureiro

i´ve been trying for awhile now on how to insert a raster image with transparency in cad 06

theres a transparency function in the image setting but

i can´t figure out how to do it.

can anybody help me out?

Did you bring in the image through the reference manager or insert it via the Map menu? Or did you copy/paste the image into your dwg as a ole object?

If you did an attach > image in the reference manager you should be able to click on the image > right-click > image transparency > on. Then click it again > right-click > image adjust and adjust transparency there. I don't think this actually makes the image "transparent", but just allows you to lighten or darken it. If you are running Map then I believe you can set a color to be transparent, but I haven't really messed with it to that extent. Not sure in regular AutoCAD.

i inserted it through the raster image command, and configured the image transparency property, but it just lightens the image, it doesn´t become transparent..

As lpseifert said, if this is a color image like a photograph, then you cannot adjust the transparency. Autocad is not a raster program and has no image editing functionality. The transparency option just lightens or darkens the image. It really shouldn't be called "Transparency" at all. Maybe "Intensity" would be a more descriptive word for this option? :unsure:

It would be cool if Autodesk could/would add that functionality. I would think that Autodesk Raster Design might have the capability.

• 8 years later...

Hi! you can sort of set transparency by setting the image to a sole layer, and setting that layer transparent on the 'layer properties manager'. Also check the box while plotting which says Plot transparency.

Please check the date of the last post in the thread before replying. This thread is over 8 years old and the solution you're describing was not available in Autocad 2007 when this thread was active. It was added in 2011.

Here's a video tutorial for those who may be interested: http://lynn.blogs.com/lynn_allens_blog/2013/02/using-transparency-inside-of-autocad.html

• 5 years later...

Like someone said above (Thank you!) I put the image/raster on a layer with transparency. So I just made a new layer and put the raster on it, then changed the transparency and it worked for me