3d

Interior

Draw the window you would like the shape to be with poly line. Extrude that shape and then place it where you would like your window on your existing solid. The subtract the one from the other. su = subtract

You could also use the "presspull" command. draw your aperture on the surface, and push it through the solid. It will automatically subtract for you.

KC

sorry i should make this cleared rather than writing hundreds of posts. the apatures are in a curved wall how do i get the curve at the top of the openning? this is probably a stupid question

sorry i should make this cleared rather than writing hundreds of posts. the apatures are in a curved wall how do i get the curve at the top of the openning? this is probably a stupid question

You can still use Presspull, but you would have to subtract the object since it would not be directly on the surface of the object.

Here is a sample using a curved wall.

presspull_01.JPG

First draw your apature on the radius of the wall.

presspull_02.JPG

Then you can rotate or move the object anywhere, pull it out, then subtract.

KC

so could i if its an appature with same shape item inside use that to subtract

Yes, it could be any shape Item. If I understand correctly what your asking?

KC