dividing shelves evenly??

gcp310

heres the image, how do i divide the space with shelves evenly??

av-cupboard.jpg

you can see i have one shelf in the middle, but would like to make this more.

thanks

G

Measure the distance and offset construction lines to mid point. If you want more shelves then divide the distance to suit and offset more construction lines and copy your shelf up.

thanks, but i thought there was an auto way of doing that, it may have been what i saw using parametric components, whcih you cant make in SU free.

There is an easier way.

1. Draw a line outside your cabinet. Context click (right click) the line and choose "Divide" and enter the division amount you want (or just move your cursor up and down until you get it).

2. Select the shelf geometry. Use the move tool and grab the center of the shelf. Move up or down holding Shift to lock it in the blue (vertical) direction. Then hover your cursor over one of the endpoints you just created on the line, click to finish the move.

See images:

1.jpg

2.jpg