Highlight 2 entities when one selected?

Does AutoCAD have ability to "link" two entities together, so it would automatically highlight both if either of them was selected?

A block comes to mind. But is there a way somehow if selected entity was moved, the other would stay at its original position?

Basically what I'm doing is transforming a 3D plane into 2D and sometimes it's visually impossible to know what's what, so I need to place some kind of reference points at the same location on each entity and somehow present user with visual clue which reference on 2d matches 3d reference. Currently I place points are references with different colors

Edited by vanowm

On 29/04/2024 at 02:19, vanowm said:

Does AutoCAD have ability to "link" two entities together, so it would automatically highlight both if either of them was selected?

A block comes to mind. But is there a way somehow if selected entity was moved, the other would stay at its original position?

Basically what I'm doing is transforming a 3D plane into 2D and sometimes it's visually impossible to know what's what, so I need to place some kind of reference points at the same location on each entity and somehow present user with visual clue which reference on 2d matches 3d reference. Currently I place points are references with different colors

Select two or more, right click, group