How to copy a viewport with model and paper space items?

marcinnyc

Hi everyone.

I am working on a set of architectural drawings, and so far I got about 12 sheets (each sheet is on a paper space layout) of details. I am using AutoCad 2005LT. The text is in paper space and all the drawings in model space. I have to move some details from one layout to another. When I copy the viewport with text to different layout the items in model space don't show off . Is there a way to copy text in paper space along with detail in model space at the same time to a different layout?

When you copy a viewport like that, the viewport display is turned off. Select the viewport, right click and select display viewport object, click ON.

• 4 years later...
But is there a way that the display viewport is automaticly turn on when pasted?

If the viewport you are copying was diasplaying the view, it should display fine when copies to another sheet also in my experience.

There is probably a system variable that needs changing which someone else will know.