fillet command between arc and line

chrisdarmanin

why when in 3D ACAD doesn't let me fillet between a line and an arc but when i do it in a new drawing in 2D i can?

is this one of those things you just have to live with in ACAD?

i wanted to fillet between the line and the arc but it wouldn't let me.

converting them to plines worked. thanks for your help

• 2 years later...

You can get the same effect almost as easy using the 'Circle' command with the 'Tan, Tan, Radius' option.

This creates a circle tangent to both line segment and arc with the given radius.

Then just trim off the excess and join if necessary.

• 2 months later...
i wanted to fillet between the line and the arc but it wouldn't let me.

converting them to plines worked. thanks for your help

Kinda old post, but I was having this issue to, but if you rotate the line and arc so that its on the *TOP* or world UCS you can fillet them...

Kinda wierd, but atleast now I can do it

You can get the same effect almost as easy using the 'Circle' command with the 'Tan, Tan, Radius' option.

This creates a circle tangent to both line segment and arc with the given radius.

Then just trim off the excess and join if necessary.

This does work most of the time, but every once in a while it creates the circle on the wrong side, cause there's technically two circles possible that are tanget between a line and an arc... just depends on which one AutoCAD decides to make. Attached is an example of what I'm talking about... I wanted a 6" circle on the inside of the bigger circle, but no matter what order I selected the objects/points I couldn't get AutoCAD to make the correct circle.

Bad ttr circle.JPG