Spiral staircase.

Mr T

Nick

The profile is twisted around of its own axis. If you will continue the stair with more steps, the profile will turn at all. This problem is mentioned in the tutorial about screws.

The URL for this tutorial is somewhere here in the forum posted by Mr T. So ask him the address, if you can not find it. (HA! HA!)

In the AutoLISP section there is a routine to extrude a profile along a helix path (yes, you know about, but this answer is for everybody browsing this forum). It is possible to draw the profile segmented, as in the drawing mentioned by you, or continuous.

The major difference: the Lisp routine will generate a surface, not a solid. But I know that you are a master in complicated 3D models containing both surfaces and solids.

It is for the second time in this week the staircase is mentioned in this forum.

Everybody: some answers please! Is it needed a Lisp routine to extrude a profile along a helix path generating a solid ?

Guest superjari
It is for the second time in this week the staircase is mentioned in this forum.

Everybody: some answers please! Is it needed a Lisp routine to extrude a profile along a helix path generating a solid ?

Yes, I think that would really help some of us out...

Nick

The profile is twisted around of its own axis. If you will continue the stair with more steps, the profile will turn at all. This problem is mentioned in the tutorial about screws.

eh this post is actually for soemone who has already asked me about a stair, this doesn't relate to anyone elses topic !

The URL for this tutorial is somewhere here in the forum posted by Mr T.

Eh I am Mr T !

So ask him the address, if you can not find it. (HA! HA!)

In the AutoLISP section there is a routine to extrude a profile along a helix path (yes, you know about, but this answer is for everybody browsing this forum). It is possible to draw the profile segmented, as in the drawing mentioned by you, or continuous.

The major difference: the Lisp routine will generate a surface, not a solid. But I know that you are a master in complicated 3D models containing both surfaces and solids.

I drew it by hand, the image that I posted. Using a tapered extrude and extrude along the path for the handrail, then I arrayed the section and moved it up a step at a time.

Anyway, this post was just for one reader. I suppose I shoud have sent it as a private message rather than a Public post, to avoid confusion.

Nick

A.K.A Mr T

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

im working in steel fabrication company for oil storage tanks..Anyone helps me how to get bending rolling radius for spiral stair handrail pipes @ inclined position..help please!