flip text in Dynamic Block

alijahed

Hi,

When I put a flip option on a text in Dynamic Blocks, during the flipping the text is mirrored. is there any way to preventing this?

Cheers

Ali

It works.:shock:

another question,

do we have something like this for rotation?

Thanks

Is your "MIRRTEXT" system variable set to 0 if its not n set to 1 then the text will flip when its mirrored

I guess another option is to have your text a selectable item with a rotate function. Or you can make it a visable/hidden item as well.

• 2 years later...

For rotation, make your text move with a move parameter and command, make the move parameter a chain command (second to last line in properties), then rotate ONLY the move parameter, not the text.

• 2 months later...

Well this was informative, and taught me other stuff that I will need to know but hasn't helped me with one particular problem; I am hoping this forum can shed some light on it for me. I am creating dynamic blocks for an electrical plan. I have been using the align command successfully for pushbutton symbols, sconces and so on. However, I have a series of blocks that include text (not attributes), like clock outlet (which essentially looks like a sconce with the letter C in it). I am trying to make a block that a) always aligns perpendicularly to whatever wall I try to place it on, and b) always maintains the text normal to the page, so that it can be read easily. I thought it would be similar to the North Arrow, but that seems to depend on the rotation action, which I am not using.

Appreciative for any input.

-Bill

a) always aligns perpendicularly to whatever wall I try to place it on.

When you insert a block I go through the right click and select my rotation to the direction of the block.

insert.jpg

b) always maintains the text normal to the page, so that it can be read easily.

Annotative text, scaling to viewport / paperspace.

CT_2.jpg

Hope that puts you in the right direction.

• 9 months later...
i thought there was an option to lock text in position when creating / editting dynamic blocks ?

I had encounter the same problem but its flip while pasting to another drawing.

what is the problem????Please help