wanted: english shortcuts in german ADT2006 Version

janmoni

Hello,

Just got a German Version of ADT2006, which is working very well.

But since i am used to the english Shortcuts (pl for pline m for move etc...),

i am trying to change the german shortcuts into the english ones.

I already crawled through a lot of forums, and everybody (even my acad help) is talking about an acad.pgp file that i can find in my extra menu.

problem:

1. i don t find any acad.pgp file.

2. there is no extra menu in my ADT2006... (maybe im stupid)

3. i would like to change the complete shortcuts to the english ones.

is that possible?

how?

help would be sooo good!

I don't really understand why you have a German version of ADT, but if you have the Express Tools installed, you can use the "Command Alias Editor" to modify your acad.pgp file. See Here.

Or just go to your Tools pull down menu and select Customize > Edit Program Parameters (acad.pgp).

thanks for the fast reply!

i am german. and the german version is what i got.

still i don t want to change my shortcut habbits which are the english ones.

i don t have the Express Tools installed.

would it be possible to simply overwrite all the shortcuts with the english ones or would i have to change one by one?

You can't just replace the German pgp with an English pgp. It won't work. You will need to change each alias individually because the German commands need to stay as they are. It's only the alias that you want to change.

I believe the German word for Circle is Kreis, so to change the command alias to CI for Circle, you would change: K, *KREIS to CI, *KREIS

Before making any changes, save a copy of the original pgp to a folder outside of the program. Then, after you make your changes, save out a copy of the revised pgp. That way you will have them both in case something happens and you need them at a later date.

• 1 month later...

If that help, you will find acad.pgp here

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.1\enu\Support\acad.pgp

(not in 'Program Files' folder!!!)

... if that's easier try maybe to edit all commands in this file, not using COMMAND ALIASES EDITOR.