Sw Modeling Question

deansdream

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some advice for a SW model.

I need to create a form similar to the sketch- a twisted piece of cut sheet metal. I've laid out a variable pitch helix for starters, and I have a drawing of the 'unrolled' metal pattern- I'm not sure where to go from here. Probably something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks to all in advance and any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hey... I'm not sure how to answer your question, but I grabbed this model from somewhere, can't remember where, several months ago and it looks like it's doing what you're needing to do, so maybe you can pick it apart and figure out how they did it:

http ~~~ :// ~~~ client-review.littleolemedesigns.net/Example8-LoftedPlusHelix

~~~ .zip

There's a rule on this forum that you have to have 9 posts before you can do links or attachments... so take out the space~~~space in that url to put it back together. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

There's a rule on this forum that you have to have 9 posts before you can do links or attachments.

Yes we do, the reason is because this stops spammers from filling the place with wartz links, so far it has worked very well:wink: