The death of the mouse

Strix

Somebody posted this link on another forum (where the users are most likely to be using computers predominantly for web browsing) and I was just wondering what everybody here thought of this item

can you imagine trying to CAD a drawing using only hand gestures and facial expressions? :? :shock: :lol:

methinks i'll be sticking to manual input, at least then if a drawing i do is wrong i know it's my own fault - but thats me

mine would go kill most of the engineers i work with :lol:
that would be in thought pattern mode would it?

I can just picture what a computer would do if it's user was admiring a female colleague across the office! :twisted:

I don't think this thought pattern thing is going to be popular somehow :lol:

methinks i'll be sticking to manual input, at least then if a drawing i do is wrong i know it's my own fault - but thats me

yeah, what happens if somebody waves to you or speaks to you and you respond with the facial recognition mode?

think I'm going to go find the rodent thread we had running here a while back and see how many people freak out at some of the contraptions suggested here :twisted:

Well one thing is for sure if this would ever get out,

draftsmen will be working in their own private cubicles with totally opaque walls, heheheh:D

I can imagine drafting like a dancing policeman in the middle of an intersection :lol:

Well one thing is for sure if this would ever get out,

draftsmen will be working in their own private cubicles with totally opaque walls, heheheh:D

I can imagine drafting like a dancing policeman in the middle of an intersection :lol:

wonder if the autodesk interface would allow you to program different gestures to different commands, like flipping the bird at the screen would be undo.

wonder if the autodesk interface would allow you to program different gestures to different commands, like flipping the bird at the screen would be undo.

I WISH!!!:lol: :D

Well this is the age of innovation, its never impossible.

Technology is so different now, comparing tech to a time under 1999 and only the past 8 years from now has already significant changes... who knows what they come up with in the next 8 years. its not only the mouse that will be a relic:lol: .

Lets think Minority Report,,, or better yet Iron Man, Id love to try that holographic stuff they came up with when he was scheming his Armor, i only wish we'll experience it in our lifetime

:P

I always wanted one of those 'replica's' like onboard the Star ship enterprise. Or to have a blast in the holadeck.

hehe...Minority Report tho, come on, own up who laughed thier socks off when they saw Tom Cruise using the computer, waving his arms around like he just didn't care, like some wierd raver...all he needed was a dustmask, white gloves and some glowsticks oh...and maybe some music?!?!? what a wally!

lol:D , well ignore what he looked like. (but he did look like a retard yah :lol: ) its the concept that counts anyway, its not tom cruise I applaud but the one who thought of the idea of having computer inputing work like that.

I always wanted one of those 'replica's' like onboard the Star ship enterprise. Or to have a blast in the holadeck.

I still want a holodeck now. . .

Me:- "computer, romantic setting please"

Comp:- "Please specify parameters"

Me: - Top of cliffside, with a picturesque view of the sunset and add

appropriate character for roma" . . .

wuh sorry started daydreamin of things to do in a holodeck but in real world - I'll stick to my mouse or maybe a graphics tablet