Help with IGES to 3d Solid

KennyJ

I need to convert an IGES file to a 3D Solid so I can use Soldraw to make a nice 2D drawing for my boss. I tried downloading the IGES importer from Solid3dTech but I'm not sure how to use it and I can't find any docs on it. can anyone help this is important! Thank you.

i was under the impression it only converted the lines. acad07+ has a surface to solid conversion but you need to use your lines to create a solid first. cant you just use the lines for your 2d drawing?

i dont use iges files much so i may be totally off base.

sorry

i was under the impression it only converted the lines. acad07+ has a surface to solid conversion but you need to use your lines to create a solid first. cant you just use the lines for your 2d drawing?

i dont use iges files much so i may be totally off base.

sorry

I don't understand. What only converts lines? I'm using ACAD08 I need a method of turning the IGES garbage into a nice solid so it looks like I made the model in ACAD to begin with. is there a way to do this?

i was just saying the last time i remember working with an iges file it was like exploding your 3d drawing twice. It reduced it to lines and arc. As far as i know there isnt a way to just turn the lines/arcs back into a solid without joining them. but again i dont have much experience with iges files, thats just how i remember them.

when you open the iges file and you select one of the lines of your drawing, does it only select that line, or the entire object?