Subtraction Of windows In cad Creates Distortion

damob23

Im working between autocad and 3d max, what im doing is creating cookie cutters in my cad model and using the subtract option to make the opening for my window. And when I file link this is max, in certain areas where their seems to be alot if subtractions the face becomes distorted and this is then evident in the dwg file when i export it back, any ideas?

FaceDistortion.jpg

FaceDistortionCad.jpg

here is a better pic of the distortion after subtraction in cad, im not sure how to use 3d max to create a new sruface in max and do subtractions, been using max for window insertion only, any way appreciate any help

FaceDistortiona.jpg

that will happen from time to time when use booleans...basically it's creating an edge...the "distortion" is a surface smoothing issue that max is trying to calculate between adjacent surfaces...when you reload the model in max turn off "auto-smooth adjacent faces" or set it to zero...

what the smooth does is that it take sadjacent srufaces that are less the the specifed angle from each other and then try to blend/grade the surface to make them look smooth/rounded with as little geometry as possible to "fake" a curving surface...

Thanks for the input, Ive tried that but it only seems to intensify the "distortion", I have heard their is a pro boolean operation to counter this? Im going to try find out more about that,

I just found out if I use the pro boolean operation in max this can over come this, its in the components section obviously, But I was told i would need to convert my polysoild model into a mesh before I could use this pro boolean operation, I seen the mesh menu But im not exactly sure how to operate it, any have time to give me the low down.