Geometry problems in 3ds max 2009

chubi71

I am creating a 3d floor plan using 3ds max 2009, when i initially open the file the geometry in the viewport looks fine, but when i rotate the view port slightly, the geometry in the viewport apears warped with black holes in it. However when i render the viewport the geometry looks normal. can some one please help me because this is so annoying.

Thanks

Dan

it's possible that the geometry you're using (imported i guess) have normals that are pointing the other way on some of the meshes...however this can get resolved in a render if it's set to render double sided...

to fix this you may need to go into sub-object mode, face level, and invert the face normals...another dirty solution is to make the material double sided...

but yeah, a screen shot would help us better understand your situation...

i cant upload any images because there is something wrong with my internet at work. howver i have sort of solve the problem by looking at everything in orthographic view. thank you very much for your help

Dan

Adjust the clipping(the scales at the side). They should help.

I once did an animation that did this, it has something to do with the amount of detail that your model has.

• 2 weeks later...