photoview 360

shift1313

anyone in here use this? It seems very powerful but one thing i havent been able to do is rotate my part inside an environment. I can move it around and zoom it in and out without adjusting the surrounding but i cant rotate it.

thanks

looks good and should be easy to pick up, I watched a demo on it and thought it was a cool program, hope someone answers your question so you can crack on:)

i realized i only have a problem with parts i have imported from autocad. for some reason they are 90degrees off rotation compared to the environment in photoview. all my drawings that were created in solidworks align to the environment perfectly. It may be something i need to rotate around before importing.

• 2 weeks later...

the only way to do this i found is to rotate the part in solidworks in relation to the top plane(just use a constraint or free rotate). Also if you alter materials in photoview it seems to apply it to the entire assembly, but if you setup it up in photoworks within solidworks you can specify multiple materials. I think mine may just have a glitch because im sure there is a way.

• 2 months later...

This may be a stupid question but i am having the same problem you are with opening assemblies in photoview. How can I free rotate the assembly in relation to the planes in solidworks?

what i have been doing is making sure the bottom of my assembly is parallel(if its flat) to the top plane in SW and it opens fine in photoview.

You can go into the render settings and change the ground plane height and rotate the scene.

I found that when applying material you have the two sets of selection tools. on the left side you can select part(or face if you just wish to apply to one face) adn on the right you need to make sure you have the selection tool and not the rotate or zoom tool

• 1 year later...

That works fine for horizontal rotations assuming the assembly is in the correct orientation already. Lets say the object was a car. When you open the car in photoview the door is sitting on the bottom plane, there is no way to rotate the environment (that I have found) to get the wheels on the bottom plane, unless its setup in Solidworks already.

I did find there was a lot more freedom than i had originally discovered. Especially in relation to adjusting materials.

Go to ENVIROMENT SETTINGS and use the UP AXIS check boxes and the FLIP AXIS to select the correct plane for your model.

I dont have Flip Axis available to me. In my settins I can adjust ground plane height, rotate environment and Gamma. Flip axis would be great. Which version of Photoworks are you using?

Now if I use photoworks inside SolidWorks then this is no problem. Its only in the Photoview 360