Is my laptop good for AutoCAD2009?

m4rty47

You'll likely be fine for regular linework, and some 3d wireframe stuff. But with an Intel graphics accelerator instead of a dedicated video card you will be CHUGGING trying to work on anything complicated in 3d. What do you plan on using AutoCAD for specifically?

-Edit- If you read the page which Cad64 linked to, there is a link in the first paragraph to go to the 64 version for download.

I don't understand why any serious user of AutoCAD would try to run it on a laptop or desktop without a dedicated graphics card. Maybe they are the type of people who say, "I can do that with both hands tied behind my back."

Might as well sign up for the three-legged sack race tied to a corpse.

Pay no attention to the metal man and his sudden fits of rage. He was never programmed to love...=sniff=

Just make sure she is aware of the lack of a dedicated video card means it is really not a long term solution. Either way its a nice gesture.

I don't like being a suck up but Remark's is right. Dedicated card is a must unless all you ever do is 2D. The world is moving toward 3D so might as well get ready. :)

If I only had a heart instead of a CPU. Sniff.

What is the make/model of the laptop? Can a graphics card be added? How much memory on the laptop? That's another area AutoCAD likes to see on the beefy side.

Can't you feel the love?