assembly and dynamic parameter ?

jkristia

yet another quesiton from me.

I have created this double hung window assembly. The sash are created as a seperate part using a design table to define the sizes and number of panes. Now in the assembly I can see I can creat the configs using a design table which then refers to the parts config.

But this means I would need an entry in the sash table for each size and pane combination, and have the same number of entries set up in the assemblies design table - or is there a way where I can specify the height and width as a property of the component when it is inserted and then use SWs equation to calculate the pane size instead calculating it in the design table?

Another question, is it possible to somehow specify the position of the lower sash per inserted component, this way I can have some of the windows show open or half open.

window.jpg

Many sizes and pane combinations can be made easily from design tables.

The design table can drive feature dimensions or general parameters.

Equations can use parameters to calculate feature dimensions.

question2... configs can have sub-configs where different mates are active or suppressed.

equation driven features 1.jpg

equation driven features 2.jpg

Thank you for your reply. I have already set up a design table for the panes, I was just wondering if it is possible to e.g. set up a 8 pane sash and then specify the width at the time the component is inserted into the assembly.

Another use for this would be the opening of the lower sash, e.g. have a distance mate to the sill, and be able to confiugre it per inserted component. That way you would be able to have some of the windows show half open while others are closed.

This is not really important, I'm just wondering (and learning)

Thanks

Jesper