New one...

Javier

Hello to all,

As I'm a beginner in visualization stuff I'm asking you kindly what can you suggest me:

I want to make some visualizations of my neighborhood (houses and landscape) so I'm not sure if I can start in autocad2009 (which I'm a medium level user) and the import it to viz2008 or 3dsmax9 and finish it? Which tool is easier and more appropriate for this kind of visualization (without animations)?

Are there some rules to respect before importing/transferring?

thanks and regards :)

You can Import your Cad file directly into 3DS Max. There are no rules because Max can read Autocad drawing files. And if you use the "File Link Manager" to Import your Cad file, you will be able to modify your model in Autocad and the changes will automatically update the Max scene file.

You can use either program to effectively render these kinds of visualization projects, it just depends on which program you are more comfortable working with.

I've never used Viz, but I use 3DS Max quite a lot, so I can tell you that Max has quite a steep learning curve. If you're planning on teaching yourself, then be prepared. It's not an easy program to just pick up and start using.