CAD Management Questions ?

sw33ney

Hi everyone i have a few questions i'd like to ask and hopefully have some answers if anyone is willing to anyways here they are

1. As CAD manager of a medium size organisation, contrast the differences between in house customisation and third party customisation ?

2. In practice many organisations operate a combined in-house and third party customisation strategy.

(a) Explain the benefits gained by adopting this approach.

(b) Describe the responsibilities of the CAD manager within this strategy

3. A popular option for customisation is to buy third party software. Give two advantages and disadvantages that could result from using this third party software.

Thanks very much any answers are appreciated. :)

S

Ha ha... could you write it as though it's not just straight off your college paper :D

(maybe if you give some suggested answers people might feel more inclined to point you in the right direction :wink: )

we don't do people's college work for them here

why would any of us want a new guy in the office who's been given the job without EARNING their qualification? you can bet your bottom dollar he's not going to do any work in the office either - even if he actually knew HOW to

:glare:

we don't do people's college work for them here

why would any of us want a new guy in the office who's been given the job without EARNING their qualification? you can bet your bottom dollar he's not going to do any work in the office either - even if he actually knew HOW to

:glare:

Ah now Strix, be nice! :lol: j/k

I don't mind helping, but real world scenario vs. textbook answers... hmmm, don't know if they would actually go together. :wink:

Sorry, yeah, I am a bit stroppy at the mo aren't I? :roll:

What have you got so far Sw33ney?

Tell us what you think COULD be the answers and we can give examples of how they may apply in real life scenarios where we've worked... but bear in mind these aren't text book answers, and tutors are renowned for having COMPLETELY different views on how to go about things as to those of us who are at the coalface so to speak :wink:

well i dont know what in-house customisation or third party customisation is if you could help me with that please?

thanks if anyone can help.

S

well i dont know what in-house customisation or third party customisation is if you could help me with that please?

thanks if anyone can help.

S

In house customization basically means that any added feature, content, or programming is done by the CAD Draftsman. "Third Party" means that its done by another person or company.