FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x000c Exception at 55139275h

ranchi

Hey Guys!

I'm having problems with my AutoCAD at work. I'm using AutoCAD 2009.

Well heres the situation;

-double click CAD icon on desktop

-CAD message pops up saying that CAD isn't installed properly and to reinstall it and whether I wanted to continue with CAD (I clicked no)

-thus I reinstalled CAD and restarted the pc

-same message pops up this time click yes to continue

-then moments after CAD is opened Fatal Error Message (as titled) pops up and shuts down CAD

-tried reinstalling it several times but problem does not cease to occur

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this, as CAD is a major tool for my job.

Much Appreciated!!

Could be you introduced an error in the Windows Registry the first time you tried installing the program. What OS are you running? BTW, does your computer meet the minimum requirements for running AutoCAD as specified by AutoDesk?

Hey man! Thanks for the reply.

I've been using AutoCAD for bout 5/6months on this machine without any problems and I came into work one day and it didn't feel like working anymore.

The pc that I'm using in this office doesn't meet the min requirement for AutoCAD 09, but like I said I've been working on CAD09 on this machine for 5/6months now so I don't think that's the problem. And the OS is Windows XP.

Well that is indeed very strange.

Had you been keeping up-to-date with all service updates for XP and service packs for 2009?

Previous to the start of your problems had you made any changes to your computer either hardware-wise or software-wise?

What is the current state of AutoCAD? Installed or not installed?

Strange indeed

I havent made any changes to the pc before the CAD bailed out on me.

and windows is on automatic update so i assume everything on the pc is up to date.

Currently CAD is installed and un-use-able, so I might as well have it unistalled.

• 3 weeks later...

I started having the EXACT same problem as described by Ranchi in first post. My computer is well above ACAD LT 2009 minimum specs, running XP Pro, has been working fine for months and then all of a sudden today, this! I've unistalled and reinstalled at least three times since this afternoon and no luck. Help!

David

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,

i am new heare and my eanglish is prreaty bad so bare with me :)

so here is the thing i had a same orror as described @ranchi

and i tried a fresh copy of winxp sp2, winxp sp3, with all updates and with no updates, with antivirus and witout one, tried with office xp and withouth. tried my friends autocad 2006, and 2007, and 2008 and allway that same error. but a day before it worked fine. i alsou tried changin the hard drive and memmory and runing some hardware tests and it all came back OK.

I ended up calling Dell support. The computer this was happening on is only 8 months old. They said that error was typically an operating system error. Had me do several things that did not work, and then finally just had me back everything up and re-install my operating system. I had been running XP Pro but had a Vista upgrade and went to it in the process. All was fine after that.

Well i'm using dell aswell.

and all i did is instaled acad2008 on another hp-mashin and exported registry. autodesk and imported it into dell's ein registry then i copyed entire directory c:\program files\autocad2008\* into dell's.

and wiola it works youst fine, and it eaven skips first greating screen on acad startup :).