cad on mac?

michaeloureiro

hey all you mac users,

Just found out about this survey on the net. It seems autodesk is interested in a version of cad and (or) other autodesk products for mac.

Does anybody know if this is for real, and if so, how long will it be until the dream becomes reality?

http://myfeedback.autodesk.com/surve...rveyID=l21M672

I met a mac-fanatic a couple of weekends ago at a party and granted he was a bit tipsy, but somewhere during the night he grabbed my hands, waved them about, jumped up and down and shouted "Autocad is coming to mac, autocad is coming to mac"

so I'd say it's coming :)

AutoCAD should be available to Mac users.

An associate swears by his Mac and uses CAD on his Windows laptop.

Might bootcamp run CAD on his Mac?

As Noahma says Autocad was available for the mac I think it was R12. We sold one copy (ex dealer) the only real problem we had was that we had to rewrite all of our lisp code things that worked did not on a Mac.

Anyway bottom line is simple PC's use an Intel chip MACS were based around Motorola chip complete re compile required. (some macs now have Intel chips ?)

Just in ending Autocad was available for Sun and Hp workstations also.