Breaking wire numbers

Electroman7979

Hello,

When I create an electrical symbol, I draw it up, select all, put it all on the zero layer, and then create the symbol.

But when I insert it, it does not break the wire number. How do I get it to change wire numbers on the second half of the symbol?

Thanks!!!

I'm assuming you're talking about making a block ('symbol') that you can insert into drawings, and there's a piece of text (the number) that you want to be able to change?

Look up creating blocks with editable attributes.

I've got the book infront of me trying to learn to create symbols right now, I think that you need to check the attributes on the wire connection points - specifically the X#TERMn attribute. The book sez it's an invisible attribute that controls the direction that the wire connects to and trims the wire.

#= 1 wire connects from right, trims left

#= 2 wire connects above

#= 4 wire connects left

#= 8 wire connects below

#= 0 special locations for motor conns.

If there is no other wire connection point, the entire wire is removed.

How this transfers from the book to actual practice is entirely unknown to me right now.

Glen Smith

I found that just recreating the symbol made it work.... Seems to be a re-occuring theme here in ACE.... If it doesnt' work, re create it....

Thanks for the help, I'll look more inton what you both suggested if this happens again.

-J

Here is another problem I have noticed... When I insert a disconnect, whether its a signle pole, double, or three pole, the parent passed the wire number through while the child component makes a change in the wire number. Its not a custom symbol, but a default from ACE. Has anyone else ran into same thing?