Dashing

Interior

I need to dash some stairs and have put in a dash but can't get it to go smaller which means it gives me two dashes on each tread and i need more than that Thanks MK

Will you be printing from Model space or Paper space?

If model space, Have you tried changing the linetype factor in the properties dialogue box?

If paper space, check to see how it looks in paper space before changing the linetype factor.

Also look in the help file for System Variables MSltscale & PSltscale for further information

Virtual plotting to photoshop they are in layer i tried playing with that but couldn't make it make a difference. any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I see you are using Architecture........I've no idea if my advice can help.

Is the stairs drawn by you, using lines and polylines etc?

if so click the lines or polylines then right click and select properties and change the linetype scale there.

If you have created the stairs from a command in architecture, it may be a case of having to modify your drawings scale to change the linetype factor.

it may be a command called AECdwgsetup. But if you key in aec and hit the tab key it will cycle through all the commands beginning with aec.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I should have looked first to see what version you were using.

edit your stair style, by right clicking on the stair and edit stair style. Co to the display properties, under the plan display properties you can change the line type, and line type scale for any part you wish. the other way to do it is to right click nd select "select component" then choose the area of the stair you wish to modify, after you select that move over to your properties palette, and it should let you modify the same things there.

Can you answer the following so that we can help you....

how exactly have you put in a dash?

What linetype are you using?

What linetype factor are you using?

Is it possible for you to post a drawing a picture showing the polyline selected and the properties box open?